Sunday, October 9, 2011

My steering wheel isn't straight, Whats wrong?

The image above shows some of the common tire wear issues and causes along with defining the different angles addressed in wheel alignment.

Your car may feel like it drives fine, steers straight & handles OK, all while the vehicle is out of alignment. Most drivers can’t tell when the alignment is slightly off. As a matter of fact, we see drivers that driving cars that can ruin tires in a matter of 5,000 miles. So, good for you, you’re paying attention!

One of the most common indicators of misalignment is a steering wheel that isn’t straight. Another is that the vehicle drifts or “pulls” to one side or the other.

Research shows that with toe alignment just 0.34 degrees (0.17 inches) out of specifications, the average car has dragged its tires sideways for over 68 miles by the end of the year! That's considering the average car is driven about 12,000 miles per year.

Many manufacturers recommend that you have your vehicle's tires checked every 10,000 miles or at least once a year. Proper wheel alignment can add thousands of miles to the life of your tires.

Other benefits to proper wheel alignment include:
  • Better gas mileage due to reduced rolling resistance
  • Improved handling as steering improves and vibration eases as your rides become smoother
  • Safer driving, especially when suspension problems are detected and repaired.
  • Less fatigue from the driver fighting (consciously or unconsciously) an ill handling vehicle.
At Cars for Keeps, We offer a simple alignment inspection for less than $25.00 that measures the alignment settings to either confirm that everything is within manufacturers specifications or show issues that need to be addressed.

16 comments:

Joshua's Law said...

Most of us ignore like this problems at early stages which leads to bigger troubles, as a driver every one should know & understand the little difference in wheel alignment can cause bigger inconvenience in driving.

Berrystreetgarage said...

Enormous post—I have read your post.Really good information.I'll come back to this blog for sure! I bookmarked this blog a while ago because of the useful content and I am never being disappointed. Keep up the good work.Thanks for posting this useful information.
:)

Automotive Repairs Vancouver said...

We must not ignore the little problems in our vehicles as these minor can generate the big problems. It is better to go Automotive Repairs Vancouver to make everything right with your vehicle.

Unknown said...

This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality.
tires in philadelphia

sell junk car for cash said...

cool better that you have shared this specially i am having a trouble with this kind of problem too

Cool boy said...

I see the superlative contents on your blogs and I perfectly enjoy going through them.long island car service

Robin Sinclair said...

Of course, no one loves to give money for tires repeatedly. Yes, wheel alignment can cause number of problems including tire wear. Good to know so much about the benefits of proper wheel alignment. After knowing these facts, I'm not going to take any risk with a bad alignment. I'm going to my care center, European Auto Service West Palm Beach, FL to check my wheel alignment, whether it is okay or not. Keep sharing.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

thanks for your sharing information.and very useful to me..keep your updates.

cloud computing training in chennai



Andrewjames said...

I have learnt various good stuff right here, and I’m sure everyone will get advantage of it.

Power Steering Repair

Rust-O-Rama said...

I just wanted to say thank you for sharing a great information and useful. it really necessary and timely for me at this time. I've read a lot of blogs and visit but they made me feel boring. Your article made me feel strange and fascinating it attracted me. I wanted to share this information with my friends on the social network facebook.!

Rocker panel repair

Unknown said...

Check out the suv in india below 10 lakhs

Jump Therapy LLC said...

I search many blog about the home designing but did not get many specific detail about the this topic but your blog have allot of information about my topic which I always searching.

Automotive Painting Repairs

Unknown said...

Hello
I Read your article about Deep Tissue Massage. Thanks for sharing such beautiful information, and I hope you will share some more info about Auto Repair. You wrote really very well, I really like your blog and information provided by you. I appreciate your work. This information is very useful for me and other peoples.
Thanks

Brisbane Auto Shop said...

I'd want to thank you for all of your hard work that you've chronicled on your website. In the future, I hope to see essentially equal high-quality blog articles from you.
Car battery replacement
wheel alignment and balancing brisbane
car ac regas brisbane

UNS S32750 Pipes Tubes said...

Thanks for the information shared by the author as in return would love to share the details on UNS S32750 Pipes Tubes, Super Duplex 32750 Pipes Tubes