Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A Women’s Point of View: A Mid-Summer’s Dream


by Colette Cooley, Cars for Keeps Office Manager

Sitting at my computer and not feeling a bit inspired to write this weeks’ blog, I find my mind wandering further and further from the task at hand. Waiting for inspiration, I admire my new pedicure with a flower painted on each big toenail, I look out the window and watch a harvest moon rising in the east, I listen to the crickets chirping their little hearts out and dream of a big bowl of popcorn washed down with an ice cold glass of pomegranate juice. Aaahhhh!

Summer has a way of slowing us down and forcing us to take a look at what is important in our lives. A time to dream. A time to wish. A time to feel the sun and enjoy ourselves. As my cat turns circles on my lap and sticks her tail in my face, I sometimes envy her the freedom she has by just being a cat.

But, let’s face it, after a day or two of living a cat’s freedom, I would be bored to tears. I would miss the social interaction with my co-workers and our customers. I would miss the satisfaction every day of feeling that I had really helped someone. We are creatures of action and creativity and we need the stimulation of helping someone solve a problem, or accomplish a task, or just doing something nice for someone simply because we can. Something as common as a smile at the right time has a wonderful healing power, so flash that smile today and feel the zap of optimism rise up within you. As I read over this blog, I realize it describes the atmosphere at Cars For Keeps, so stop by for a smile and/or a hug. They are both free!

2 comments:

Steelgems said...

Well your story when starts is somewhat like myself. Fewday back was also getting bored and was not in the mood to do any work so tried to encourage myself I just read few motivational blog and got some idea to write on my favorite thing which is SS 316 Buttweld Pipe Fitting

JainexSteelImpex said...

Actually you have wrote something that is very relatable and is very informative in some or the other way, Thanks for that and One can find good piece of knowledge on ASTM A240 TP 304 Stainless Steel Strips which is also ASTM A240 TP 304 Stainless Steel Round Bars